Sunday, March 20, 2011

Donkey Kong Jr Restoration Project!

Hey there, welcome to my Donkey Kong Junior Restoration blog!

I recently purchased a complete DK Jr cab in good condition with the usual dings and scrapes found on a wooden cabinet from the early 80’s! I knew I could make it look shiny and new again, it will be a fun project!

Now when I started this project I intended on restoring it as a dedicated DK Jr cab with the working PCB that came with it. I have since done a 180 and decided to do an elegant MAME conversion. By that I mean it will look exactly like an original DK Jr cab from the outside, in fact the only thing not original will be swapping the PCB for a PC!

I hope you will enjoy following my progress and maybe learn a good technique here and there. It will be a learning experience for me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment